Effective Storytelling Techniques for Social Media
“Humans are not ideally set up to understand logic; they are ideally set up to understand stories.” Roger C. Shank
Since time immemorial, mankind has relied on stories to transmit information, values and ideas from generation to generation. Who isn’t captivated by a compelling tale, whether sitting by a campfire, flipping the pages of a book, or relaxing behind a computer screen?
In the social age, storytelling has seen a resurgence. While the increasing popularity of social media has fuelled online conversations, the greatest catalyst of these discussions are compelling brand and customer stories.
On social media channels like Facebook, YouTube, blogs, LinkedIn and Instagram, these narratives may take the shape of blog articles, photos, videos, infographics, and social media posts.
This intensive 1-day MasterClass provides a realistic hands-on session for marketing and PR professionals to learn and apply the art and science of storytelling in their social media content.
- The digital transformation journey
- Trends in retail innovation
- Turn mistakes into opportunities
- Emotional connection with customers
*Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptops.
How You Can Benefit!
- Gain a better understanding of how their customers think, feel and act on social media
- Appreciate the best practices used by leading organisations in social media storytelling
- Develop a compelling narrative framework for their online brand story
- Appreciate the nuances behind different social media channels
- Craft appropriate stories to suit their brand identity
Who Should Attend
This course is relevant for professionals in the following departments/fields:
- VPs and Marketing directors
- PR Directors
- Marcom Directors
- Social Media Managers
- Community Managers
- Digital Marketing Executives
- PR Executives
- Account Managers
- Account Executives