Effective Storytelling Techniques for Social Media
“Humans are not ideally set up to understand logic; they are ideally set up to understand stories.” Roger C. Shank
Since time immemorial, mankind has relied on stories to transmit information, values and ideas from generation to generation. Who isn’t captivated by a compelling tale, whether sitting by a campfire, flipping the pages of a book, or relaxing behind a computer screen?
In the social age, storytelling has seen a resurgence. While the increasing popularity of social media has fuelled online conversations, the greatest catalyst of these discussions are compelling brand and customer stories.
On social media channels like Facebook, YouTube, blogs, LinkedIn and Instagram, these narratives may take the shape of blog articles, photos, videos, infographics, and social media posts.
This intensive 1-day MasterClass provides a realistic hands-on session for marketing and PR professionals to learn and apply the art and science of storytelling in their social media content.
- Learn what your customers are looking for
- Craft your own brand’s message and narrative
- Learn about the 3C’s: Context, Characters & Conflict
- Identify different story archetypes and narrative structures
- Learn how to do storytelling on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and blogs
- Learn how to bring all these information together
- Lots of class exercises and case studies!
*Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptops.
How You Can Benefit!
- Gain a better understanding of how their customers think, feel and act on social media
- Appreciate the best practices used by leading organisations in social media storytelling
- Develop a compelling narrative framework for their online brand story
- Appreciate the nuances behind different social media channels
- Craft appropriate stories to suit their brand identity
Who Should Attend
This course is relevant for professionals in the following departments/fields:
- VPs and Marketing directors
- PR Directors
- Marcom Directors
- Social Media Managers
- Community Managers
- Digital Marketing Executives
- PR Executives
- Account Managers
- Account Executives
Early BirdRegister by 6 January 2020
Standard Rate7 January 2020 onwards
What Clients Are Saying
“Walter was great with providing numerous case studies to substantiate his teachings and the various theories, which made the session more vibrant.”
Senior Marketing Communications Executive, Oakwood Premier OUE Singapore
“A good full day masterclass with a real industry practitioner. A lot of interesting insights & useful techniques that are applicable for my work.”
Social Media Marketing & Content Specialist, Bricks & Clicks
“Perfect course for those who want to get a more in-depth understanding of digital storytelling”
Manager Marketing Communications, Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council
“There are relevant content – up to date and practical as well as easy to use tips. This is a great platform to inspire and generate new ideas”
Employee & Industrial Relations Advisor, Shell Business Operations Kuala Lumpur
“Definitely an insightful course for storytelling. Gained many insights & learned tools that could give marketers an edge in their work.”
Assistant Brand Manager, Loob Management Services Sdn Bhd
“We all want to speak for our respective brands/products/services so make sure our voices are heard with Effective Storytelling Techniques for Social Media Masterclass”
MarCom Executive, Borneo National Tours Sdn Bhd
“This course is great for both basic and experienced social media people. It covers both basic and advanced content.”
Social Media Executive, Media Prima Digital
“Clear, concise and very practical. Walter gave specific examples for the class”
Senior Executive, Affin Hwang Asset Management Berhad