If you would like to experience this masterclass in our exclusive Physical or Hybrid format,
please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
USD 399 (Early Bird – Register by 7 Jun)
USD 499 (Standard – Starts from 8 Jun onwards)
Choose from our available dates:
8 Jul 2021
9am to 3pm (GMT+8)
30 Sept 2021
9am to 3pm (GMT+8)
4 Oct 2021
9am to 3pm (GMT+8)
Beat the Inbox: How to Write Impactful Media Releases
How to create subject lines that jump out of the editor’s inbox, excite the media to share your message, and leave them wanting more.
The low cost of issuing a press release digitally means there’s more competition than ever in editors’ overcrowded mailboxes.
“I delete most releases after about 0.5 seconds spent on the subject line,” confesses Derek Thompson, an editor at The Atlantic magazine. On top of that, only 3% of journalists say they rely heavily on press releases, and 30% rely ‘somewhat’ on them.
So is writing media releases even a game we want to be playing? YES! If you understand what your REAL job as a communicator is (and the answer to that will not only surprise you, but could transform your professional career prospects).
Pop-psychologist and best-selling storyteller Stu Lloyd has handled PR for clients such as Microsoft, Adidas, Christian Dior, Perrier to help unleash the power of their media messaging, and worked with storytellers from Adobe, Astro, Accor, and Discovery Channel to create impactful digital content.
Virtual Masterclass Format
5 hours of intensive LIVE masterclass session
One (01) hour of One to One coaching session with Trainer post masterclass
Training slides, handouts and materials
What Clients Are Saying
Stu has succinctly summarised heavy copywriting techniques into bite-sized fun bursts of knowledge! I was immersed in the entire experience and took home practical skills.
– Senior Executive, Temasek Polytechnic
Stu created a streamlined masterclass that really enlightened me on the art of copywriting. Very satisfied with the engaging content and concise explanation
– Senior Creative Writer, Arturn Communications
Stu is a great and highly recommended trainer. Learnt new tips even though I have been in communications field for close to 20 years. The session was very good and appreciate the different approaches to copywriting.
– Associate Director, Advancement, Singapore Management University
Great! Best course I have taken so far. Stu is an expert in his field. 10/10!
– Director, Pfizer
Fantastic! Inspiring, fun, practical – some of the best training in my 25-year career. What Stu does so well is combine psychology research and present it in a way that is meaningful for everyone. That’s his magic dust.
– Managing Director, IPSOS, South East Asia
This course is a great facilitation and sharing of knowledge on copywriting by the trainer, easy to follow and practical. This course makes me feel as if I am an established copywriter. The theoretical part of copywriting is balanced with the practical part of it, especially to a beginner in copywriting like me
– Business Development Executive, HDAP Consulting Malaysia Sdn Bhd
This course was very useful, gave an understanding on neuroscience which allows us to apply it in copywriting. Stu cited extraordinary case studies to get inspired from. This course definitely will help me in crafting copy for my primary audience and help to connect with them
– Assistant Head, Corporate Communications, Tripartite Alliance Limited
Very inspiring and engaging teacher with highly positive energy. I learned a lot!
– Senior Consultant, APAC, Hootsuite.
You have transformed the team in a day!
– Director O&D, Asia Pacific, Colgate Palmolive.
Your workshop helped me to cut through the clutter of information and data to find the real story.
– Marketing Director APAC, Adobe.
How You Can Benefit!
- Learn the 79/21 Rule about subject line writing
- 11 different formats to use, and when to use them
- Discover why all the pressure is on your first 3 sentences
- Learn 4 things that determine whether your news release is newsworthy
- Learn a visual asset hack to increase readability by up to 45%
- The alarming Do’s and Don’ts that determine ‘Open’ or ‘Bin’
- The advantage and restrictions you might enjoy as a big brand
- Have one (01) hour of One to One coaching with the trainer after the masterclass.
Who Should Attend
- Media Content Creators
- PR Executives
- Marcomm Executives
- PR Managers
- Marcomm Managers
- And anybody who needs to get their media content across impact fully and effectively