The Art of Data Storytelling
Date: 17 April 2024
Time: 9am – 5pm (Local time)
Location: Hong Kong
As data analysis and visualisation is made easy with Gen AI, how does one effectively bring the data to life in the boardroom to communicate insights, justify business cases and get buy-ins? How do you choreograph and cast the right data elements to help you build the right storyline so it brings change in the organisation?
Data storytelling is a crucial skill across many disciplines, particularly where the communication of complex data is necessary to inform decisions, drive change, or tell a compelling story.
This 1-day masterclass on The Art of Data Storytelling helps you relook into making your story succinct yet convincing with the right data storytelling techniques.
Key learning outcomes:
- Understand the power of data storytelling
- Fundamentals of data narrative
- Visualising data effectively
- How to bridge data with story elements
- Winning your case with audience-centric approach
- Storytelling techniques for various business scenarios
- Separating your core data storyline and the supporting appendix slides
Who should attend
Mid to senior level professionals who are responsible for making informed decisions, drive change, or tell a compelling story, including the following functions:
- Digital Marketing
- Content Marketing
- BI Intelligence Professionals
- Product Managers
- Business Owners/Entrepreneurs
About the trainer
About the trainer
Yak Yih Cheng “YC”
YC helps clients across Asia grow their business through customer experience (CX), data and marketing technology in the last 20 years. He has helped retail, F&B, automotive and insurance clients grow by discovering new sources of growth, designing data and CRM contact strategies and CRO.
He has also mentored 50+ startups in the last 4 years in value proposition design, pitch narrative and deck design. He also teaches a Masters of Communication programme part time on the topic of Digital Marketing Transformation. An avid Lego fan, he also uses the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method to help clients tackle complex business problems through play.
YC believes that starting with the customer, walking the ground will help you find evidence-based approaches in designing great experiences powered by data and marketing technology to drive business growth.
Key sessions covered:
- Introduction to data storytelling
- Understanding your audience
- Basics of data visualisation
- Crafting the narrative
- How to continue developing data storytelling skills
- Interpreting data
- Participants receive a dataset and work in groups
- Draw initial insights and discuss interpretations
- Visualising data
- Using tools (like Excel, PowerPoint, or Power BI) to create visual representations
- Peer review of visualisations
- Creating the story
- Groups refine insights and craft a compelling story
- Incorporate feedback from visualisation review
LIMITED TIME OFFER
Hong Kong, In-person
17 April 2024, 9am – 5pm (Local time)
Early Bird till 31th of January 2024
*Group discounts applicable.
- All bookings are final.
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge.
- MI Masterclass Series cannot provide any refunds for cancellations.
- MI Masterclass Series reserves the rights to alter the programme without notice, including the substitution, amendment or cancellation of trainers and/or topics.
- MI Masterclass Series is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, postponement or cancellation of the event.